Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gilt-y pleasure.

Good morning!


Colin and I have just returned from our last and final meeting with our Priest here in Oakland to complete all of the necessary paperwork for getting married in the Catholic church. (You will not BELIEVE how much paperwork there is! Unless you've been there already. In which case, you feel my pain.) SO GLAD that is done and now I really can focus on all the fun stuff! (I do, however, sense in Colin that he now feels like his work is done- mwahaha, we'll see about that!).


Now Colin is off to blow glass, I'm back in bed with a vanilla latte and a laptop, writing this blog!


Anyway, to get to the subject of this post, just wanted to share with you my new favorite shopping website EVERRRR... Gilt.com. It's a members-only exclusive shopping site with limited-time sales on AMAZING designer stuff... huge huge savings. I have actually only just now made my very first purchase on Gilt (because even though the savings are HUGE, my just-outta-college budget doesn't really allow for most of that stuff yet). This week they have a Wedding Shop with all sorts of amazing things- dresses, bridesmaid dresses, men's suits, "Wedding survival kits," jewelry, ahh, so much amazing stuff! Anyway we've been having some difficulties in the bridesmaid dress department and I found this gorgeous dress for my sister- had to snag it!!


It's a Vera Wang Lavender label, 250 retail and I got it for 99 bucks! Not bad, eh? She got it in the mail yesterday and it's perfect. So excited!!


Just a side note... finding *A* Bridesmaid dress that suits everyone's body, style, budget, etc. has been one of the biggest challenges of planning this wedding. We've tried to settle on a few different dresses, none of which have worked out, so now everyone will be wearing SIMILAR dresses in the same color palette  (blush pink to peach) which I think will look gorgeous. I've seen that look a lot lately on all of my favourite wedding blogs and I think it's lovely! 


Example:


How gorgeous are THESE?

Anyway, starting to realize I could ramble on forever on this thing, so I'll bid you audieu for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment