Sunday, April 17, 2011

Disclaimer: Bridezilla Alert

<start/ bridezilla>


I really don't mean to be in the complaining mood today but I just need to let off a little steam. I can pretty much discount yesterday's post about the dress I found for my sister on Gilt, because it is not going to work after all. 


Now we're stuck with trying to find her another dress, one bridesmaid can't for the life of her find anything that will fit her that she also likes, two of the bridesmaids have the original dress (well, second "original" actually- the first original sold out before everyone bought it because they all took their time), one I'm not sure about because she just had a baby and has been, understandably, quite busy, and I am just so at a loss. I have no idea what to do. The wedding is only 5 weeks away and I am running out of options... My mom now thinks that all of the bridesmaids should just wear the SAME dress, but that has been the problem from the start... It either doesn't fit right, it's too expensive, it's not the right cut, blah blah blah... 


So many other things just haven't been working out the way I've envisioned either as far as this wedding goes. I spent so much time before Colin even proposed oogling over wedding blogs and envisioning the perfect wedding for us... I'm not really sure if what I pictured is what is going to be happening. I would never recommend to any future bride to try to plan a wedding from afar. Sometimes I wish Colin and I had just waited a little longer to get married because our engagement has truly flown by and I would love to just have it last a little bit longer and be able to take our time planning and creating an event that is truly "us." We've had to give a lot of the responsibilities to our family members and although I trust them and know that everyone is doing everything they can, I haven't had a chance to really "get my hands on" anything myself save for a few days over Christmas. And I'm a hands-on kinda gal!!


Don't get me wrong, I trust that God has a way of working things out, and I know that for whatever reason we were meant to be getting married next month... just wish that things were a little easier... I can't wait to be MARRIED to the man of my dreams... just wish the WEDDING wasn't such a pain in the rear!


</end bridezilla>



2 comments:

  1. I agree totally sister!! If it's any consolation, we got Audrey's dress today and it is BEAUTIFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY! I'm so glad! I didn't realize it had even been ordered! So excited to see it... maybe a little flower girl preview on the blog?? ;)

    ReplyDelete