Saturday, April 16, 2011

And so it begins!








For, lo, the winter is past,

the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth!
      from Song of Solomon 

It is Spring! A time for birds to sing, flowers to bloom, allergies to kick in... Ahh, my favourite time of year! Today I was reminded of a song I used to love as a little girl in church, I don't remember all of it, but I can hum the tune in my head... it goes "Sing to the Lord a new song," something something something... Anyway, it got me thinking, there are so many new songs happening in my life right now... I suppose that's a good place to start for my first post! I'll just keep it simple and bring you up to speed since I'm just starting this out on this Blog adventure.

1. I've met the love of my life, Colin Michael O'Reilly. He asked me to be his wife, I said yes, and we're gettin' hitched in 5 weeks. May 28th, 2011- here we come!

2. I graduated college last June at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (quite a mouthful, that one) where I majored in vocal performance. Opera and such.

3. I made a big move from Winston-Salem, NC out to Oakland, CA, the OTHER City By the Bay, to be closer to Colin (for the first time in our entire relationship!). I love it.

Anyway, that's all the major stuff in a nutshell! Wedding preparations, graduate school searching, house-keeping (er, tiny apartment-keeping?), singing, working, etc. keeps me quite busy on a day to day basis, but I'll fill you in on details soon!

Now it's off to bed for me!

xoxo

Rachel


P.S. One of my favourite poems and the setting of many a pretty song.


The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning

1 comment:

  1. Yay! for new blogger buddies & to a new sis-in-law!!!! I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you and Colin!!! Very much looking forward to your wedding and celebrating with the best in-laws EVER!!!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete